The radish (Raphanus sativus) is an edible root vegetable. This giant white radish grows up to 2 feet long. This variety is white and crispy, with a mildly sweet flavor.
|Seeds per Packet||35|
|Common Name||Japani Radish, Daikon, Japanese Radish|
|Height||Height: Up to 10 inches Spread: 0.5 to 0.75 feet|
|Bloom Time||Spring and the fall|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Provide well-drained soil with consistent moisture
- Thin radishes to about an inch apart when the plants are a week old
- Avoid over watering
- Water when the soil feels dry to touch
- Look for root borer or other pest attacks and apply the organic pesticide
- Do not leave in the ground long after a mature stage
- The seeds should be planted about two months before the first expected fall frost
- Plant them in the very rich soil about half to 1 inch deep and 1 inch apart; later, thin the seedlings 4 to 6 inches apart
|Sunlight||Full sun, part shade, Yields best in full sun.|
|Soil||Requires well-drained soil, loose soil, high in organic matter, free from stones.|
|Temperature||22 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Prefer an organic fertilizer. Apply mulch for a summer season.|
Radish Special Feature
Japanese white radish
Radish Japani White Uses
- These are used in many cooked and uncooked dishes
- It is famous in Japan
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do radish grow?
On average radish grows Height: Up to 10 inches Spread: 0.5 to 0.75 feet
How hard is radish to grow?
A radish is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a radish need?
A radish prefers Full sun, part shade, Yields best in full sun.
How much water does a radish need?
A radish prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a radish need?
Requires well-drained soil, loose soil, high in organic matter, free from stones.
What temperature does a radish like?
22 to 30 degrees C
How should I fertilize my radish ?
Prefer an organic fertilizer. Apply mulch for a summer season.